Artificial Intelligence Notes
Please leave a remark at the bottom of each page with your useful suggestion.
"The science and engineering of making intelligent machines, especially intelligent computer programs" - John McCarthy (father of Artificial Intelligence).
- Artificial Intelligence is the development of computer systems that are able to perform tasks that would require human intelligence.
- Examples of these tasks are visual perception, speech recognition, decision-making, and translation between languages.
- Natural Language Processing - understands natural language spoken by humans
- Expert Systems - provide explanation and advice to the users
- Gaming - e.g., chess, poker, tic-tac-toe
- Vision Systems - visual input on the computer
- Speech Recognition - hearing and comprehending the language
- Handwriting Recognition - recognize the shapes of the letters and convert it into editable text
- Intelligent Robots - perform the tasks given by a human
- Self Driving Cars
- Boston Dynamics
- Navigation Systems
- Human vs Computer Games
- Military Bots
- The perfect lawyer
Benefit of reduce human casualties
- Dangerous Workspaces
- Car Accidents
- Natural Disasters
Benefit of everyday life easier
- A Machines with weak Artificial Intelligence are made to respond to specific situations, but can not think for themselves.
- A machine with strong Artificial Intelligence is able to think and act just like a human. It is able to learn from experiences.
- The ability of a system to calculate, reason, perceive relationships and analogies, learn from experience, store and retrieve information from memory, solve problems, comprehend complex ideas, use natural language fluently, classify, generalize, and adapt new situations.
- Artificial Intelligence is in the development of computer functions associated with human intelligence, such as reasoning, learning, and problem solving.
- Artificial Intelligence is accomplished by studying how human brain thinks, and how humans learn, decide, and work while trying to solve a problem, and then using the outcomes of this study as a basis of developing intelligent software and systems.